All entered words are connected by operator AND, so you will get only those results that contain all of the words. Results may vary depending on the selected search index, so set it according to your needs.
You can affect the results of the search using the following guidelines:
The use of quotation marks forces search for exact phrases, for example, "simple story". In addition, using the ~ character, you can specify the maximum distance between each words, for example, "simple story"~5 - search for "simple story" within 5 words from each other.
Use wildcards if you do not remember the exact phrase that you want to search.
- wea? will return results for both words weak and wear
- analy* will return results, for example, analysis, analytical, analyze
Wildcard can be used at the end or in the middle of a word.
- AND, e.g., simple AND story will return results for both words,
- OR, e.g., simple OR story will return results that contain at least one of that words
- NOT, e.g., simple NOT story will return results that contain word simple but do not contain word story
We may also use logical operators in more complex query, for example, (simple OR science) NOT chemistry will return results for words simple or science, but do not contain the word chemistry.